Highs and Lows

After an emotional roller-coaster of a morning Friday, my husband and I met our realtor to look at yet some more houses. I believe it was the second or third in the lineup, but we fell in love with a house. Instantly. We liked it more than any other house we’d seen, and it was like we just knew.

This was the house.

Of course, my husband was leaving the next morning for two weeks (annual training), so he signed all the documents Friday night and we made the decision that if my parents “signed off” on it (i.e. didn’t look at me with wide disbelieving eyes and ask why the hell we would be interested in such a dump), I would put the offer in on Saturday morning.

The next morning, my parents and I went back to the house. I still loved it as much as the day before. My parents loved it. Cut to my realtor’s office, signing the paperwork, signing a check for a thousand dollar deposit, and being told we would hear by 7:00PM that night.

Well, I got the call around 6:00PM saying the current owner was a cop and worked weird hours, so we would have to wait until the following afternoon. His realtor then told my realtor that there were three offers on the table. Since we had lowballed by only $4,000, I called J and we decided to go full price. We wanted this house. We loved this house. And we were going to prove it by giving this guy exactly what he was asking for.

Well, apparently it wasn’t what he was looking for.

Our offer was rejected. I found out yesterday evening around 5:30PM. I was bummed.

I just really thought this house was the one. I was so excited. My cousin came to visit yesterday and I spent hours with her talking about how we would decorate this room and that room, and how I wanted to renovate the upstairs bathroom, and maybe put an island in the kitchen in a few years, and blah blah blah.

So, we’re back to square one. Motherfuck.

But when we decided to go full-price with our offer, we promised ourselves that we’d done everything we could to get this house, and if we didn’t get it then it wasn’t meant to be. I have to stick with that, in my head. It wasn’t meant to be. There’s something better out there that’s perfect for us.

It’s Monday morning, and I’m exhausted. I’m lonely; it’s just me and the cats at home when no one is visiting. I barely got enough sleep Friday night as J was packing and getting ready for AT, and then he was up before the sun and I had a hard time falling back asleep. I went to bed late Saturday night and woke up early involuntarily Sunday morning. And then I stayed up late again last night!

Because J is out of town, my mom is picking me up and dropping me off at work. She works 7:00AM-3:30PM, so I have to get up way earlier than I’m used to for two weeks. No fun.

And that’s about it. I’m working all week. Possibly seeing a very good friend this coming weekend. Hopefully having dinner over my parents’ house sometime this week.

I live an exciting life.

7 thoughts on “Highs and Lows

  1. So sorry you didn’t get the house. You really did do everything you could. Just keep telling yourself that. As perfect as that house seemed, it wasn’t your house. Your house is still out there. Keeping my fingers crossed you’ll find it soon!

  2. I’m so very sorry to hear about the house. 😦 I hope you will enjoy some of your alone time with the cats even though you miss your hubby. Hugs!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s