Okay, so. Good news to report on the house and mortgage front.
This morning, J and I took some time in the morning to renew our pre-qualification. Silly man that he is, J didn’t have me on the last “application” (I use quotes because it was all done over the phone, and credit checks were done over the internet), so I was nervous that our amount would decrease as I’ve never known my credit score. Ever. I know, that’s probably really bad…but whatever.
Anywho, it doesn’t matter. We were pre-qualified for the same amount he was three months ago. Winner winner, chicken dinner.
This weekend, we are doing our 1st secondary walk-through of a house we liked before vacation with my parents in tow. Also, thankfully, some more houses cropped up on the website we share with our realtor that we are interested in, so…that’s good. I’m hoping we have a good little handful of could-be’s this weekend. The anxiety is getting to me.
By the way, you really should see me on these showing days. Crutching around like a madwoman, going up and down tens of staircases a day on my butt. I’m one determined little cripple.
We also spoke with our landlady about our apartment situation. She is willing to allow us a 3-month extension (after, of course, trying to sneakily persuade us into signing a new one-year lease and not being directly open about all the expenses we would incur…yeah, nice try you “word I won’t say on here”, I had my mom read the lease, you slimy person, you). Of course, our rent is being jacked up $50/month (what the fuck is that about?!) and we will have to pay the new rent until we leave…but…what other choice do we have? Move in with my parents and risk the cats going nuts over it? I’d love to save the money, but…the effort we’d have to go into moving all our stuff out and into a rented pod, and then getting settled in my parents’ house, and sticking the cats in the basement, and then having to move the pod to the new house and unpack it all again…blech.
So, a 3-month extension will extend our lease at our apartment complex until December (with, I believe, an eviction date of January 31st, but I’m not sure). I was wary about doing this, because our landlady was so sneaky about it and I don’t want to be swept into some sketchy deal that has us paying money out the ass for stuff we aren’t made aware of ahead of time. But my mother, and husband, both think it’s the best course of action. So that’s what we’re going with. If we don’t have a house by the time the lease ends, then we’ll move in with my parents and probably wait until spring (and after a certain event, that could or could not happen, happens) to resume our house hunt.
But I don’t think it’ll get that far. In fact, I bet once we sign that 3-month extension, we’ll find a house and have to shell out double mortgage and rent payments for three months for nothing. Just watch. That’s how our life works.
In other news…my leg is better. The muscle cramps and spasms are less. I now sleep with no brace on because the new brace is uncomfortable and the old one immobilizes my leg and causes the muscle spasms to flare up. This means my knee is sore in the morning, but not too much so.
Not much else to report. I’m tired and I’m at work (clearly not working, whoops). Just wanted to update you all on how things are going! A little less stress, but in a way, still kind of the same. Stress that’s no longer needed just replaced by new stress. Hah!